The Best Way to Immigrate to Canada as a Skilled Worker

If you want to Immigrate to Canada as a Skilled Worker, then you need to read through this 2-minute post. In Canada, the federal government and the provinces and territories each have their own immigration schemes.

But the federal government has the last word on who gets to stay in Canada permanently. Learning about the programs will help you figure out the best way to come to Canada as a skilled worker.

(EE) Express Entry

The Canadian Federal Government is in charge of Express Entry. It takes care of forms sent to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) are the three immigration programs run by the Canadian Federal government. Express Entry takes care of all of them.

The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)

The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) will give a score to people who want to become permanent residents of Canada.

The ranking method shows which candidates are most likely to be able to work and live in Canada.

The CRS ranks candidates based on many factors, such as age, qualifications, schooling, language skills, human capital, work experience, etc.

Every two weeks, the government holds Express Entry draws and asks the people with the highest CRS scores to stay in Canada permanently.

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

The second program to help people move to Canada is the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The Canadian provinces and regions are in charge of running it.

YOU NEED TO READ THIS NOW  Federal Skilled Worker Program – Selection Criteria & Requirements 2024

Professionals with skills can use the program to move to Canada and live there permanently.

The Provincial Nominee Program tries to improve the economies of provinces and territories by helping them find skilled workers who can meet their economic needs.

Those who are picked for the program get a provincial nomination that they can use to help them get into Canada and stay there permanently.

Why it’s a Good Idea to Apply to Both Programs

Despite the fact that they are both run by different organizations, people who want to immigrate to Canada can apply to either program. There are reasons to apply to both schools at the same time.

By applying to the Express Entry pool, candidates make themselves known to Canadian provinces and territories, which can look at their profiles and give them an invitation to apply (ITA) to their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

If a candidate accepts the call to apply, they can then send a PNP application to the province or territory that they live in.

The main benefit is that candidates for the Express Entry program might not have a high enough CRS score to get an ITA from the federal government.

Even so, if they apply to an “enhanced” PNP school, they can raise their score.

A candidate for the Express Entry program can also say on their application that they would like to work or live in a certain province or region.

The provincial government will review the application and decide whether the candidate would be a good fit.

YOU NEED TO READ THIS NOW  Legit Ways of Moving to Canada: A Guide to Permanent Residency

If they are, the provincial government will give the applicant a notice of interest. This means that the applicant can apply for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

According to the CRS, a provincial nomination gives an Express Entry candidate an extra 600 points, which is pretty much a certainty that they will get an ITA.

Where Do You Settle When You Immigrate to Canada as a Skilled Worker Under Each Program?

The Canadian Constitution says that Canadian citizens and people who live there permanently have “Mobility Rights.”
This means that they are free to move around the country and live and work in any state or territory.

When you apply for permanent residency in Canada through a provincial nomination, it means you want to live in that province or region.

But, according to your Mobility Rights, you are still allowed by law to move to another province or region.

When you fill out your PNP application, the provincial government strongly suggests that you tell the truth about where you plan to live.

You are also told to settle down in the province that gave you residency before moving to another province or region.

When you move to Canada as a skilled worker, the Express Entry program gives you more freedom about where you can live.

Except for Quebec, which has its own immigration system, you can live in any province if you receive permanent residency through Express Entry without a state’s nomination.